Our Airport Ambassadors
Our fabulous team of volunteers can be found roaming our International and Domestic Terminals, assisting with questions, directions and even suggesting local attractions.
Check out what it means to be a Brisbane Airport Ambassador:
Thanks for your interest in our volunteer Ambassador Program, applications are currently closed.
Keep an eye on this page for opportunities later in 2016!
About our Ambassadors
Qualities of our Airport Ambassadors:
- Good at working in a team environment
- Displaying empathy to passengers from a variety of cultures and countries, the young, elderly and non-English speakers
- Have an outgoing, friendly personality
- Possess good communication skills
- Being reliable and dedicated to the program
- Able to perform the physical aspects of the role
- Must be an Australian resident
- Has a good knowledge of Brisbane City, South East Queensland and Australian Geography
The Ambassadors are required to work at least one four-hour shift per week and commit to 12 months with the program.
Rostered hours are as follows :
- International Terminal : 7am – 11am and 4pm – 8pm daily
- Domestic Terminal : 7am – 11am, 11am – 2.45pm and 2.45pm – 6.45pm daily
Benefits of the Program:
- Free Airtrain transfers to the airport
- Uniform shirt and name badge
- Outing, on-going seminars and functions
- Free airport parking whilst on duty (after probation period only)
This program is an initiative of Southern Queensland Tourism Pty Ltd and BAC and holds Visitor Information Centre accreditation with Tourism & Events Queensland