Our Airport Ambassadors
Our fabulous team roams all levels of the International Terminal, assisting with questions or directions and operate a Visitor Information Centre at the Domestic Terminal. They also offer suggestions about local attractions for visitors.
Qualities of our Airport Ambassadors:
Good at working in a team environmentDisplaying empathy to passengers from a variety of cultures and countries, the young, elderly and non-English speakersHave an outgoing, friendly personalityPossess good communication skillsBeing reliable and dedicated to the programAble to perform the physical aspects of the roleMust be an Australian residentHas a good knowledge of Brisbane City, South East Queensland and Australian Geography
The Ambassadors are required to work at least one four hour shift per week and commit to 12 months with the program.
Rostered hours are as follows :
- International Terminal : 7am – 11am and 4pm – 8pm daily
- Domestic Terminal : 7am – 11am, 11am – 2.45pm on weekdays and Saturdays and 8.15am – 12.15pm on Sundays
Benefits of the Program:
- Free Airtrain transfers to the airport
- Uniform shirt and name badge
- Outing, on-going seminars and functions
- Free airport parking whilst on duty (after probation period only)
This program is an initiative of Southern Queensland Tourism Pty Ltd and BAC and holds Visitor Information Centre accreditation with Tourism & Events Queensland.
To register your interest in the BNE Airport Ambassador Program, please email the Manager at ITB.Ambassador@bne.com.au or call 07 3406 3205.