G20 Leaders Summit
The G20 Leaders Summit will take place in Brisbane on Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 November 2014. Leaders from around 20 of the world’s major advanced and emerging economies will attend, all arriving and departing via Brisbane Airport.The airport will provide an efficient and secure entry and exit point for the 4000 delegates and 3000 media who are expected to attend. For security and ease of passenger processing, there will be some road closures to allow official vehicles to travel to and from the airport. Advice about changes, including to public transport, will be advertised closer to the summit.
KEY POINTS DURING THE SUMMIT:
- There will be some further security during the G20 Summit that may mean you will be required to allow additional time to get to and from the airport. Any road changes or time impacts will be communicated closer to the G20 Summit.
- Airlines will look after their schedules during the G20 Summit. If you are flying over the 14-17 November check with your airline closer to the summit to see if there has been any changes.
- Disruptions to public transport services will occur from Monday 10 November to Tuesday 18 November, with the greatest impact from Thursday 13 to Monday 17 November 2014.
We will be providing more detailed information as it becomes available to Brisbane Airport.
Important G20 links are below:
- G20 Fact Sheet here
- Frequently asked questions here
- G20 Website
- Brisbane Marketing G20 Opportunities