2014 Master Plan
The Future of Brisbane Airport Has Been Revealed
Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) has released its 2014 Preliminary Draft Master Plan for public comment. BAC’s vision is for Brisbane Airport to be world best and the preferred choice for passengers, airlines, business and the community.
Every five years, major airports in Australia are required to submit a Master Plan to the Australian Government. The Master Plan details all development at the airport for the next 20 years, covering passenger growth, job creation and the construction of the new runway, as well as significant investment in other aviation infrastructure, roads and terminals.
Public comment period
The draft Master Plan is now available for the community to view and provide comment on during a 60 business-day public comment period, which ends on Thursday, 26 June 2014. Once the community has had the opportunity to comment on the Master Plan, it will be submitted to the Australian Government for approval.
Public displays: Speak to the Master Plan team in-person at the following sessions:
- Thursday 8 May: Skygate Precinct at The Circuit, Brisbane Airport (next to Woolworths) 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Thursday 15 May: Toombul Shopping Centre, 1015 Sandgate Road (next to Coles) 10am – 2pm and 5pm to 7pm
- Thursday 22 May: Cannon Hill Shopping Centre, Cnr Creek and Wynnum roads, Cannon Hill (next to Coles) 10am – 2pm and 5pm to 7pm
View the Master Plan
The Master Plan and supporting documents are available to view online (click on links below).
- 2014 Preliminary Draft Master Plan Summary Booklet (4.3MB).pdf
- Brisbane Airport 2014 Preliminary Draft Master Plan (24.7MB).pdf
Alternatively, you enjoy a chapter by chapter view:
Printed copies are available to view at:
- Brisbane Airport Corporation, 11 The Circuit, Brisbane Airport
- Brisbane City Council libraries
- Ward offices of Brisbane City Councillors
- Selected offices of Australian and Queensland Government elected representatives in Brisbane
- State Library of Queensland, Cultural Centre, Stanley Place, South Bank, Brisbane.
You can purchase a printed copy of the Master Plan for $100 (including GST and handling).
How to make a submission
You are invited to make a formal submission during the public comment period. Submissions must be received no later than 5pm on Thursday, 26 June 2014.
A submission must be made in writing and sent to BAC by:
Post: Brisbane Airport Corporation Reply Paid 86075 MILTON QLD 4064
Fax: (07) 3367 1609
Phone: Major Projects Information Line 1800 737 075
If you would like to receive updates on the 2014 Master Plan, please register for information via the ‘Projects Update’ link located to the left of your screen.