Brisbane set to soar in February 2011
7 February 2011
- Travel between Brisbane and Sydney has never been easier or more affordable – thanks to Tiger Airways’ three x daily return services commencing from 07 February 2011, providing close to 400,000 additional visitor seats through Brisbane airport annually! Fares on sale now from just $35.00* one way!! (www.tigerairways.com)
- Tiger Airways also launches new Brisbane - Melbourne (Avalon Airport) services tomorrow! Fares on the new Brisbane – Melbourne (Avalon Airport) are on sale now from $35.00*! (These are in addition to existing daily Brisbane – Melbourne Airport Tullamarine services).
- Tiger Airways soon to commence new Sydney – Sunshine Coast daily services commencing 27 March 2011 – also on sale now from $38.95*.
- With the commencement of new services, Tiger Airways will be providing close to one million visitor seats through Brisbane Airport annually!
Monday 07 February 2011: Tiger Airways is celebrating a number of significant milestones with three new daily return flights between Brisbane and Sydney commencing today ahead of new regular services between Brisbane and Melbourne (Avalon Airport) commencing tomorrow (08 February 2011) and new daily flights between Sydney and Sunshine Coast launching on 27 March 2011.
To mark the celebration of new services launching today between Brisbane and Sydney, Tiger Airways Australia's Managing Director, Crawford Rix, will be welcomed by Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) CEO and Managing Director Julieanne Alroe, as the inaugural mid-morning Sydney - Brisbane - Sydney flight arrives at Brisbane Airport at around 11:10am and departs for Sydney at around 11:40am. (See media event details below).
Domestic travel to and from Queensland’s capital city is set to get a whole lot more convenient and affordable with the launch of an early morning, mid morning and afternoon/evening flight every day linking Brisbane with Sydney – the second busiest route in Australia and one of the busiest routes in the world.
Tiger Airways’ Australia’s Managing Director, Crawford Rix, says “This is indeed great news for all Brisbanites. Tiger has recently committed to increasing flights across Australia by around 20% in the coming year and we are delighted that Queensland’s capital city is first to benefit from our expanding services in 2011.
"The new Brisbane - Sydney route adds more choice and convenience for travelers but it also signifies a tremendous boost in air travel for Queensland at a time when it's needed most. Today’s news goes to show that if you provide the opportunities for people to travel by air to Australia’s sunshine state for the cost of a carton of beer, they'll snap up the airfares, in turn, providing more jobs and low fares for everyone," Mr. Rix said.
Mr Rix adds that “it’s an exciting time for the airline - not only is Tiger Airways launching new services between Brisbane and Sydney today, tomorrow we commence new regular services between Brisbane and Melbourne (Avalon Airport) and next month, we start up new services on the nation’s ninth busiest route between Sydney and Sunshine Coast.
“With Tiger Airways, domestic air travel has never been more affordable – so jump online today to snap up airfares from Brisbane to Sydney; Brisbane to Melbourne (Avalon Airport) and Sydney – Sunshine Coast – all from under $40.00,*” Mr Rix urges.
The secret to securing the cheapest flight deals with Tiger Airways is to book early to fly cheaper. For information and booking details, visit www.tigerairways.com.
- Tiger Airways is Australia’s fastest growing and newest major domestic airline, with 10 aircraft currently operating – and more on their way in 2011! Aircraft 11 due to arrive in April 2011.
- Tiger Airways operates the newest fleet of aircraft in Australia.
- Since Tiger Airways commenced operations in Australia in November 2007, the airline has carried well over 6.5 million passengers around Australia.
- Tiger Airways’ network currently spans every state, territory and major city in Australia with 21 different low fare routes currently on sale.
- Tiger Airways operates out of three bases – Melbourne Airport (Tullamarine); Melbourne (Avalon Airport) and Adelaide Airport.Tiger Airways is currently scoping out locations for a fourth Australian base – to be announced in due course.
- Tiger Airways new season flight schedule (for period from 27 March – 29 October 2011) provides more than 500,000 visitor seats through Brisbane Airport.
- With the addition of the new Brisbane – Sydney and Brisbane - Melbourne (Avalon Airport) routes, Tiger Airways will provide around one million visitor seats through Brisbane Airport annually.
~ Ends ~
* ”TIGER RAW” FARE CONDITIONS: The “Tiger Raw” fare is the lowest available single price fare from Tiger Airways Australia – fully inclusive of all taxes and charges. “Tiger Raw” fares must be purchased on line using a Mastercard debit card issued by an Australian financial institution. The “Tiger Raw” fare does not incur the $7.20 convenience fee for credit card purchases (per flight, per sector). Fare is for travel one way, hand luggage and web check in only. Seats are limited and may not be available during peak periods or on all flights, public holidays or certain blackout periods or once sold out. Bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable. Promotions may be modified or cancelled without prior notice. Refer to www.tigerairways.com for more information. Tiger Airways Australia Pty Limited ABN 52 124 369 006.
Please see the Tiger Airways website for full terms and conditions associated with this week’s sale on now! (www.tigerairways.com).