Changes to Pick-Up Area
From Tuesday 6 November drivers will be allowed to pick-up arriving passengers on the newly titled Departures/ Pick-up Road in front of the terminal with a strict two minute stopping limit.
To avoid congestion on this road, the Pick-up Waiting Area (beside the long-term car park) will remain open as a dedicated ‘waiting area’ for drivers whose passengers are not yet ready to be collected.
Pick up arrangements at Brisbane Airport from 6 November 2012:
Drivers will be allowed to pick-up arriving passengers on the newly titled Departures/Pick-up Road in front of the terminal.
- As per strict security requirements, drivers will only be allowed two minute maximum stopping time to collect their passengers.
- The only exception to this rule is for people who are collecting passengers with mobility issues. In this situation there are accessible parking spaces designated for those vehicles and 30 minutes is provided to allow for parking and assisting the passenger to the car.
- Special ‘zones’ will be designated along the kerb to assist drivers and arriving passengers to find each other and facilitate a quick pick-up.
- The at-grade pedestrian crossings at the Qantas and Virgin ends of the terminal will be re-opened allowing arriving passengers easy access to the Departures Pick-up Road.
- The initial 15 minute free period still applies to multi-level car parks until the end of November. So if you prefer the convenience of parking and going to meet your passenger inside the terminal, this is your best option.
The 221 car bay Pick-up Waiting Area (beside the long-term car park) will remain open as a dedicated ‘waiting area’ for drivers whose passengers are not yet ready to be collected.
- Drivers should plan to arrive around 10-15 fifteen minutes after their passenger’s flight is scheduled to arrive. This allows passengers time to collect their luggage and to make their way to the kerb.
- A Flight Information Display Screen at the Pick-up Waiting Area will advise drivers of flight arrival times or delays.
- Drivers should wait in this area for their passenger/s to call and notify them that they are ready to be collected from the relevant ‘zone’ on the Departures/Pick-up Road in front of the terminal.
- Upon receiving a call that their passenger is at the kerb, drivers can leave the Pick-up Waiting Area and drive around to the Departures/ Pick-up Road to collect their passenger (two minute stopping time only).
- Drivers are advised to stay with their cars at all times.
- A 30 minute free time limit will apply in the Pick-up Waiting Area before short-term parking rates apply.