Public Pick-Up Area
Brisbane Airport has a free 30 minute pick up area available for anyone waiting to pick up friends or family. For Domestic Terminal the map to access the 30 minute parking area is below, feel free to stay and wait, when your guests arrive just get them to call and you exit to the public pick up road.
For International Terminal if you are a little early just stop into the Kingsford Smith Memorial Car Park until your guest arrive.
Domestic Terminal Free 30 min Map
* Handy hint for your guests - there are a row of coloured flags on the pick up road, if they pick one colour and let you know what colour (pink, yellow, blue) you will be easily able to find them.
Information on the drive through pick-up road
- Security requirements, means that passengers must be ready for an immediate pick up or drop off in the public pick up area, if they are not quiet ready just drive to the 30min area until they are.
- The only exception to this rule is for people who are collecting passengers with mobility issues. In this situation there are accessible parking spaces designated for those vehicles and 30 minutes is provided to allow for parking and assisting the passenger to the car.
- Special ‘zones’ will be designated along the kerb to assist drivers and arriving passengers to find each other and facilitate a quick pick-up.
- Passengers are reminded that there are coloured flags along the road for you to pick a colour and stand near to assist your pick-up driver finding you along the stretch.
- If you prefer the convenience of parking and going to meet your passenger inside the terminal, parking is available in the multi-level car parks.
- Drivers should plan to arrive around 10-15 fifteen minutes after their passenger’s flight is scheduled to arrive. This allows passengers time to collect their luggage and to make their way to the kerb.
- A Flight Information Display Screen at the Pick-up Waiting Area will advise drivers of flight arrival times or delays. The Display Screen can be found in the undercover area next to the payment machines.
- Upon receiving a call that their passenger is at the kerb, drivers can leave the Pick-up Waiting Area and drive around to the Departures/ Pick-up Road to collect their passenger. Passengers must be ready for immediate pick up only
- Drivers must stay with their cars at all times.