Changes to Pick-Up Area
From Tuesday 6 November drivers will be allowed to pick-up arriving passengers on the newly titled Departures/ Pick-up Road in front of the terminal. Passengers must be ready for an immediate pick up or drop off.
To avoid congestion on the Departures/Pick-Up road there is a Pick-up Waiting Area, located beside the long-term car park off Dryandra Road, that is a dedicated ‘waiting area’ for drivers whose passengers are not yet ready to be collected. The first 30 minutes are free in the Pick Up Waiting Area, short term parking fees apply after this.
Pick up arrangements at Brisbane Airport from 6 November 2012:
Drivers will be allowed to pick-up arriving passengers on the newly titled Departures/Pick-up Road in front of the terminal.
- As per strict security requirements, passengers must be ready for an immediate pick up or drop off.
- The only exception to this rule is for people who are collecting passengers with mobility issues. In this situation there are accessible parking spaces designated for those vehicles and 30 minutes is provided to allow for parking and assisting the passenger to the car.
- Special ‘zones’ will be designated along the kerb to assist drivers and arriving passengers to find each other and facilitate a quick pick-up.
- The at-grade pedestrian crossings at the Qantas and Virgin ends of the terminal will be re-opened allowing arriving passengers easy access to the Departures Pick-up Road.
- If you prefer the convenience of parking and going to meet your passenger inside the terminal, parking is available in the multi-level car parks.
The 221 car bay Pick-up Waiting Area (beside the long-term car park off Dryandra Road) will remain open as a dedicated ‘waiting area’ for drivers whose passengers are not yet ready to be collected.
- Drivers should plan to arrive around 10-15 fifteen minutes after their passenger’s flight is scheduled to arrive. This allows passengers time to collect their luggage and to make their way to the kerb.
- A Flight Information Display Screen at the Pick-up Waiting Area will advise drivers of flight arrival times or delays. The Display Screen can be found in the undercover area next to the payment machines.
- Drivers should wait in this area for their passenger/s to call and notify them that they are ready to be collected from the relevant ‘zone’ on the Departures/Pick-up Road in front of the terminal.
- Upon receiving a call that their passenger is at the kerb, drivers can leave the Pick-up Waiting Area and drive around to the Departures/ Pick-up Road to collect their passenger. Passengers must be ready for immediate pick up only
- Drivers must stay with their cars at all times.
- A 30 minute free time limit will apply in the Pick-up Waiting Area before short-term parking rates apply.