At Brisbane Airport, the preference is for all overnight arrivals and departure to occur over the bay. This is weather dependent and based on four factors – visibility, cloud cover, wind speed and runway surface conditions.
In the chart below:
- ‘Bay’ indicates both arrivals and departures over Moreton Bay (to the north of Brisbane Airport).
- ‘City’ indicates both arrivals and departures over the city (to the south of Brisbane Airport).
- Both jet and non-jet operations are included .
- Last year = same period last year (eg. May 2019 vs. May 2018)
- The table below the graph outlines the average number of flights over the Bay, City and combined total for the year searched and previous year.
- The timings used in the graph indicate data for the subsequent hour (eg. 22:00 indicates 22:00 - 23:00). Therefore the graph includes data from 10pm - 6am.