Sun-drenched beaches, tropical palm trees swinging in the breeze and sparkling turquoise water so perfect you can see your feet digging into the sand below. Summer is a truly magical time of year, which is why so many of us make the most of it by setting off on our own sun-seeking adventures. Your summer adventure doesn't start when you touchdown, it begins the moment your front door closes behind you and you arrive at Brisbane Airport.
Summer holidays begin at the International Terminal
If you find yourself at Brisbane Airport's International Terminal, there's no shortage of great ways to get your summer holiday off to a great start.
- Dip into Billabong and spruce up your holiday wardrobe with a few pieces from the Gold Coast's iconic fashion brand. Treat yourself to a new pair of board shorts, a summer dress, Havaianas or a brand new swimsuit perfect for the beach or pool waiting on the other side of your flight.
- Breeze through Lotte Duty Free and stock up on all your summer cocktail essentials! Create delicious thirst-quenchers with lime-infused Tanqueray gin, the juicy citrus burst of Absolut Citron vodka and the tropical flavour of 1800's coconut-infused tequila.
- Drench yourself in a new summer fragrance from Lotte Duty Free. Try Jo Malone's juicy nectarine blossom and honey, Flora by Gucci's elegant Gorgeous Gardenia scent or any of Marc Jacob's Daisy range. Daisy Eau So Fresh, bursting with raspberry, grapefruit and pear is my favourite!
- Eye off a new pair of sunnies at Sunglass Hut and protect your peepers from the harsh sun. Peruse the range of top brands and latest styles to find your perfect fit and complete your summer wardrobe.
- Stock up on all your last-minute summer essentials at News Travels. Grab a new book to read while sipping cocktails by the pool, sunscreen to keep your skin protected and my personal favourite, a bag of wallaby bites to nibble on in-flight... if they make it that far!
- Indulge your caffeine needs with a delicious cold brew from Hudson's Coffee. Roasted and brewed in Melbourne, it's best enjoyed over ice while watching planes takeoff and dreaming of your destination.
Aussie summer holidays begin at the Domestic Terminal
Begin your summer adventure at Brisbane Airport's Domestic Terminal with these pre-departure ideas.
- Freshen up your threads with a visit to Rip Curl and choose from a great range of breezy summer tops, dresses and skirts, board shorts, t-shirts and accessories. the swimsuit range at Rip Curl is fantastic, perfect if you're in need of a new bikini or one piece for your beach break.
- Grab summer make-up essentials from Mecca Maxima, like the Instagram famous Jet Lag Mask, last minute sun protection or upgrade your long weekend toiletry bag with mini travel sized everything!
- Perfect your summer PJ game with new sleepwear from Peter Alexander. I love their brightly coloured matching sets with a range of classic or cute prints. If you really want to treat yourself, look no further than their luxurious, personalised silk sleepwear sets.
- Elevate your workout wardrobe at Lorna Jane where you can find the perfect pair of tights as well as tops, sports bras and hats. They'll be ideal for hiking, outdoor adventures or just staying active while you travel.
- Tear into a new book from the extensive collection at Watermark Books, including their great range of new releases and staff picks. I love starting a new book when I travel so every time I see it on the shelf at home, I'm reminded of the trip! Be sure to inscribe the date and destination inside the front cover to keep track of your favourite travel reads.
- Find anything you've forgotten at Airport Pharmacy, from essential health and beauty products to that prescription you meant to get filled. It's also a great opportunity to stock up on suncreen, moisturiser and any essential medication like paracetamol, travel sickness tablets or hay-fever relief.