🚘 COVID-19 Parking FAQs 🚘
Our Parking Customer Service team are experiencing a higher than usual volume of enquiries in response to the recent impacts to travel. We thank you for your understanding and patience as our team is working hard to get back to you as soon as they can. We've prepared answers to the most frequently asked questions here. If you still have further enquires, contact our team.
Q: How do I book? On the day or online?
Both - but the best prices are found online. Find the best parking deals by making your booking online in advance, or simply present your credit card on exit to pay on the day. You can book online up until one hour before your entry time.
Q: Are all car parks undercover?
Not all Brisbane Airport parks are undercover, however, Brisbane Airport offers a variety of different parking options to suit your requirements. You’ll find undercover parking available at both the International and Domestic Terminals. AIRPARK, which services both Terminals, is our open-air car park with undercover options available for an extra fee.
Q: Can I park my motorcycle at the Airport?
Yes, motorcycle parking is available at both our Domestic and International Terminal car parks.
- At the Domestic Terminal, dedicated motorcycle parking is located on Level 1 of the P1 car park.
- In the International Terminal, you have your pick of the regular car parking spaces as there are no dedicated motorcycle spaces.
Motorbikes are entitled to discounted parking - $10 per day for up to 7 days and $5 per day thereafter. Please note, your ticket must be validated with Parking Customer Service to receive this rate.
Q: Where do I validate my motorcycle parking ticket?
- Domestic Terminal - Tickets can be validated at the Parking Customer Service office, which is located on level 3 of the P1 car park, behind the automatic payment machines.
Q: What is the car park height limit at the Airport?
The undercover car park height at the International Terminal is 2.3 metres while Domestic P1 is 2.25 metres and Domestic P2 is 2.4 metres. Brisbane Airport provides options for oversize vehicle parking. The car park height at AIRPARK is 4 metres, and 3.2 metres for AIRPARK Undercover.
Q: My vehicle is over the height limit. Where can I park?
Oversize vehicle parking is available adjacent to the Domestic and International Terminal car parks. You can view the parking maps for more details on where to park.
Q: What do I do if I've lost my ticket?
Stay calm! We’ve got you.
Brisbane Airport Parking has license plate recognition technology to record your vehicle’s entry date and time upon arrival. If you need to pay by cash, please press the help button on any of the Automatic Pay Machines and have your vehicle registration number ready, as the exit gates will only accept credit cards on exit. If paying by credit card, please proceed to the exit gate and press the help button for assistance.
Q: What do I do if I've lost my QR Code?
No problem, we can resend it. Follow the instructions to resend the code to your email
- Visit the Parking booking site
- Enter your email address
- Select resend confirmation
Q: What if my flight is delayed or I need to extend my stay in ParkLong?
It is possible to extend your stay in the ParkLong car park, though overstay rates will apply - the fee will be no more than $20 per day, and you'll need to pay this as you exit the car park. Overstay rates are currently:
- 1 day (or part thereof) $20
- 2 days (or part thereof) $40
- 3 days (or part thereof) $50
After 3 days it will be an additional $5 per day ie
- 4 days $55
- 5 days $60
Q: Can I valet park at Brisbane Airport? (Currently Closed)
Yes, valet parking is available at both our International and Domestic Terminals. More details on valet parking.
Q: Is all valet parking undercover? (Currently Closed)
ParkValet does not guarantee your car will be parked undercover. During busy periods, cars may be moved to a secure open-air car park. Once you’ve arrived back in Brisbane, your vehicle will be ready and waiting for you at ParkValet.
Q: How do I change my arrival details with ParkValet? (Currently Closed)
If your travel return details have changed please contact our ParkValet office in advance so we can arrange to have your car ready for your new arrival time:
- ParkValet office at the Domestic Terminal: 07 3406 3337
- ParkValet office at the International Terminal: 07 3406 3338
- Email Park Valet
Q: Is there a car wash facility at Brisbane Airport? (Currently closed)
Absolutely! If you’re using valet parking, ParkValet can have your car washed, ready for you upon your arrival back to Brisbane for an additional fee. For more information, click here.
Sparkles Car Wash is also located at the BNE Service Centre and offers automatic and hand car wash services.
Q: How far is the Terminal from the car park?
Both the International and Domestic Car Parks are a short walk to the Terminal via covered walkways. If you’re using AIRPARK, it’s an easy seven to ten minute free bus ride from both Terminals.
Q: How often does the AIRPARK shuttle bus run?
- Every 20 minutes between 4:00am and 12:30am
Q: Can I charge my electric vehicle at Brisbane Airport?
Yes. You'll find electric vehicle charging points at the following locations:
- Domestic Terminal car park via ParkValet: Cables provided and charging is included in the ParkValet rate. (Currently Closed)
- International Terminal car park via ParkValet: Cables provided and charging is included in the ParkValet rate. (Currently Closed)
- DFO multi-level car park on the ground level: Cables provided and charging is included in the hourly rate.
Q: How do I scan my QR code using my phone?
To use your mobile phone to scan your QR code; when you drive at the entry gate – put your vehicle in park (or neutral if it is a manual) and apply the hand brake. Then you can use your phone safely to scan the QR code. The other option is to print out a copy of your QR code (found in your confirmation email).
Q: What happens if I have difficulty scanning my QR code and I have to take a ticket?
That's not a problem. When you go to exit the car park - at the boom gate, press and hold the help button, and provide your booking reference to the attendant, and they'll be able to let you out.
Q: I entered a different registration number on the online booking to the one I am entering the car park on – what happens?
Don’t worry, you will still be able to enter the car park if you have a different vehicle or different registration number to the one you nominated online. You do not need to update this on your booking in order to park your car. You only need the QR Code from your booking confirmation.
Q: Why do you need my registration number?
We ask for your vehicle's registration in the event that you lose your ticket or there is a problem. It means we can match your registration to your booking details for a quick solution and to get you away faster. If you require further information, you can read more about our Parking Terms and Conditions.
Q: I’ve booked online for a specific period of time and my trip has been extended – what happens?
That’s not a problem! On exiting the car park scan your QR code as you would normally on exit, our system will work out the price difference between your existing booking and the additional time. You will then be charged accordingly.
Overstay rates are currently:
- 1 day (or part thereof) $20
- 2 days (or part thereof) $40
- 3 days (or part thereof) $50
After 3 days it will be an additional $5 per day ie
- 4 days $55
- 5 days $60
Q: My trip was shorter than the period of time that I booked my car parking for – can I have a refund?
Unfortunately, no refund will be made if your stay is shorter than the booking period. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Q: I received a voucher code for parking, how do I use this?
Redeeming your voucher online is easy. Visit the Brisbane Airport parking page, and select your Terminal along with entry and exit details.
On this booking form, you’ll see a field to enter your parking voucher code. This discount will then be applied to the total parking cost automatically.
Q: What is your cancellation or refund policy for online bookings?
If you have booked a flexible parking product you are able to cancel your booking up to 24 hours prior to your booking entry time, and obtain a refund (please note this may be subject to a cancellation fee).Refunds can only be processed back to the credit card that the booking was charged to. To cancel an online booking;
- Go to manage my bookings
- Enter your email address and booking reference
- Select find booking
- Press Cancel
Your booking will be cancelled and your refund will be returned to your account within 5-7 business days.
Bookings cancelled within 24 hours of the booking arrival time will be charged in full. Read the Parking Terms and Conditions for details.
If you are having an issue cancelling your booking, please contact the Parking team
Q: How do I apply for a parking refund?
If you believe you may be entitled to a refund for any reason;
- Please download and complete the Refund Request Form
- Attach a copy of your parking receipt or bank statement highlighting the charge
- Email the form and receipt/s to [email protected] with the subject line Parking Refund Request
Q: When I book online for parking will I be charged straight away or when I exit the car park?
When booking online, your credit card will be charged at the time of booking your parking.
Q: Where can I find the parking online booking Terms and Conditions?
For more information, you can read Brisbane Airport’s Parking Terms and Conditions.
Q: Why do I have two transactions from Brisbane Airport Parking?
When you book online for the first time our system will first send you a transaction for $1.00. This is to validate the card details are correct. The charges for any parking you make will be charged following this.
Q: How much does it cost to park at the airport?
Our online prices change based on the availability of the parking product at the time of booking. We recommend you book online for the best available price. Our parking page has a full range of products and pricing, which may vary based on availability.
Q: How do I pay for parking?
You can pay for parking online, where the parking fee will be processed directly at the time of booking. If you do not have an online booking, you will need to pay upon exiting the car park - either by cash or credit card at an Automatic Payment Machine, or by credit card at the exit.
Please note, if you make an online booking, please use the QR code provided on your booking confirmation email when you arrive at the gate, and look for your name to be displayed on the screen. If your name is not displayed, please press the help button on exit and ask for assistance and one of our customer service officers will be happy to help.
If you enter using your credit card without an online booking, please use the same credit card at the exit gate. Your payment will be processed and a tax invoice receipt will be printed.
Q: Can I pay by EFTPOS?
Unfortunately, the automatic payment machines and gates do not accept EFTPOS. Our Automatic Payment Machines accept credit cards and cash only. You can find ATMs inside the Terminals if you need to get cash out. ParkValet customers can pay via EFTPOS, credit card or cash.
Q: I do not have a credit card, how can I pay for my car parking?
Drive-up customers can pay for parking with cash at any of the Automatic Payment Machines located at the pedestrian entrances to the car parks in both Terminals. If you need to get cash out, you can find a range of ATMs across both Terminals. Click here for locations.
Q: I need a receipt for my parking, how do I get one?
When paying at the Automatic Payment Machines, press the receipt button at the bottom of the screen for a receipt to be issued to you. If paying at the exit gate, the machine will automatically issue you a receipt prior to opening the gate.
Q: Can I pick up or drop off my passengers at the Terminal door?
Almost! We have dedicated pick-up and drop-off facilities, which allow you to drop your passengers as close to the Terminal doors as possible.
Read more information on where to pick up and drop off at Brisbane Airport.
Pick up and drop off at the Domestic Terminal
- From Airport Drive, follow the signs for the pick up and drop off road. Ask your passengers to walk across the road from the Terminal to the passenger pick up area via the crossings or skywalks.
- Please note: if you are the driver, you must remain with the vehicle at all times. Passengers must be ready for immediate pick up, otherwise you’ll be asked to move on by the Airport staff.
Pick up and drop off at the International Terminal (Currently Closed)
- From Airport Drive, follow the signs for pick up and drop off. Unlike the Domestic Terminal, pick up and drop off are in separate areas to correspond with flight arrivals and departures.
- You’ll find drop off up a ramp, corresponding with Level 4, Departures.
- To pick up a passenger, follow the green signs to the Passenger Pick-Up area which is located adjacent to the car park on the ground level. Ask your passengers to walk across the road from the Terminal to the Passenger Pick-Up area via the crossings or skywalks.
- Please note: Regardless of whether you are picking up or dropping off, if you are the driver, you must remain with the vehicle at all times in compliance with Airport Security.
Q: I need to pick someone up from the airport but don’t want to pay for parking. What are my options?
- The Domestic Terminal has a pick up waiting area that allows parking for 30 minutes free parking. Once your passengers have arrived and are ready for immediate pick up, head around to the pick-up road.
- The International Terminal has a Passenger Pick-Up area where drivers can wait for up to 10 minutes whilst their passengers make their way to the designated pick up area.
Q: How long can I stop for when dropping off or collecting my passengers?
Stopping for excessive periods of time can cause heavy traffic delays. To make sure everyone gets to their destination on time, the pick up and drop off areas in the International and Domestic Terminals are strictly ‘No Standing’ zones, meaning passengers must be ready for immediate pick up. Drivers who are seen to be waiting will be asked to move on by Airport staff. At no point can a driver leave their vehicle unattended.
If you get there early, head to the designated pick up waiting areas located near both Terminals until your passengers are ready. You can wait for up to 30 minutes free at the Domestic Terminal and 10 minutes free at the International Terminal. Alternatively, try waiting for your passengers in one of these places.
Q: I’ve arrived early and my passengers are delayed what should I do?
If you’ve arrived early and don't want to wait in the designated waiting areas, why not head to the BNE Service Centre near Brisbane Airport to grab a coffee or bite to eat. Once your passengers are ready to be picked up, make your way back to the pick up area.
Want to play tourist in your own city? Why not visit the Kingsford Smith Memorial, located opposite the International Terminal, to learn about early aviation while you wait for your passengers.
Q: Why is there no stopping on any of the airport roads?
All airport roads are signed “No Parking” or "No Stopping" for a number of safety and security reasons. Please note, failing to adhere to these rules may result in a traffic infringement notice.
To avoid a fine, check the detailed maps of parking spaces at Brisbane Airport to move to a designated waiting area:
- Wait for your passengers in the Domestic Terminal waiting area (free for 30 minutes)
- International Terminal express pick up (free for 10 minutes)
- Fuel up and wait it out at the BNE Service Centre
- Take the opportunity to check out the Kingsford Smith Memorial, open 6am-6pm.
Q: What pick up & drop off options are there for passengers who require assistance or have mobility requirements?
At the Domestic Terminal:
- Brisbane Airport offers six dedicated accessible parking spaces for passenger pick up and drop off underneath the Skywalk. All vehicles using this space must display a valid Disability Parking Permit as fines apply for misuse.
- Additionally, two dedicated spaces are available in the limousine and rideshare road, which is closer to the Terminal. However, these spaces must be pre-booked at least 24 hours in advance. You can book these spaces by calling +61 7 3406 3261 (Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-3:45pm).
At the International Terminal:
- There is one space on the Level 4 Departures road for both pick up and drop off of passengers who require assistance. Drivers must remain with vehicles at all times - and are entitled to wait five minutes in the pick up and drop off zone, before being asked to move on.
For more detailed information on pick up and drop off, click here.
Our Parking Customer Care team is experiencing a higher than usual volume of enquiries in response to the recent impacts to travel, we thank you for your understanding and patience. Please contact our team through the parking enquiry form and they will get back to you as soon as they can.
Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
Brisbane Airport Parking Facebook: facebook.com/BrisbaneAirportParking
Brisbane Airport Parking Messenger (mobile only): m.me/brisbaneairportparking