Why rent a car in Adelaide?
Adelaide and its surrounding hills are bursting with culture, flavours and tastes. It is the perfect region to explore by renting a car. You can indulge in any of Adelaide's award winning restaurants or use it as the gateway to some of Australia’s best wine regions including the Barossa Valley, Clare Valley and McLaren Vale. If you are flying into Adelaide and wanting to get on the road quickly, you can collect your hire car directly from Adelaide Airport.
Top car rental tips in Adelaide:
- The default speed is 50kph unless otherwise signposted.
- There are no tolls roads currently in Adelaide.
- Adelaide is car friendly with over 42,000 parking spaces.
- The drive from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island in your rental car will take just under 4 hours.
- When you arrive in Adelaide, it is easy to get on the road and collect your car from the ground floor of the terminal at Adelaide Airport. There are 6 rental car suppliers available.
Things to do in Adelaide
- Adelaide Central Market is one of the largest undercover fresh food markets and has been a thriving hub of food and culture for over 150 years.
- Glenelg Beach offers a buzzing beach vibe and stunning sunsets for a day of fun in the sun. Charming sidewalk cafes offer great atmosphere and a bite to eat.
- With the 18 wine regions of South Australia being officially named the 'Great Wine Capital of the World', a wine tasting tour is an absolute must do. Within a 40 minute drive from Adelaide's CBD, you can be tasting some of the best wines in the world in McLaren Vale or the Barossa Valley.
- Visit the most picturesque sporting ground in the world. The Adelaide AFL oval is conveniently located in the Adelaide CBD with car parking readily available. If the footy isn't on, you can still take a tour of the ground or try the RoofClimb adventure.