Safe travels begin at Brisbane Airport. Seeing the rest of Australia from Brisbane is an absolute breeze with our domestic network being the best connected in the country. With Queensland opening up to most of Australia and while we wait for international travel to open up, explore your home country or use this time to plan your travel further afield for when it is safe to do so. So, where can you fly to?
Queensland: It's time to fly
With restrictions easing, now is the time to stop taking our glorious home state for granted and to tick these Queensland itineraries off your travel bucket list.
- Tick off two world heritage sites in one trip to Cairns – the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
- The Whitsundays, choose Daydream or Hamilton Island (or just do both).
- Visit Outback Queensland by supporting one of their iconic events like Vision Splendid – Australia’s largest Outback film festival.
We can’t wait to welcome you back and get flying again, here’s what you can expect when you are next travelling through Brisbane Airport and what you can do to travel well.
Travel bucket list: Australia edition
Start planning and booking the Australian edition of your travel bucket list. Why not start with our most popular itineraries on the BNE Blog?
- 10 of the best tiny holiday houses
- 10 of the best wineries to visit in South Australia
- Five of the best natural encounters near Darwin
Plan and book your travel:
International destinations to dream about:
- Bali flying Malindo Air in 4 hours 30 minutes
- London flying Emirates in under 23 hours
- New Zealand flying Virgin Australia in under 5 hours
- Vancouver flying Air Canada in under 18 hours
- Shanghai flying China Eastern in 8 hours
- Hawaii flying Hawaiian Airlines in 9 hours 15 minutes
- Bangkok flying Thai Airways in 9 hours 20 minutes
- Taipei flying China Airlines in under 9 hours
- Los Angeles flying Qantas in under 13 hours
Reasons to choose to fly from BNE
- Save precious time: flying direct from BNE is the quickest route to places like New York, Canada, the South Pacific and several destinations in Asia from Australia. With over 30 international destinations direct, BNE connects you to the world without the need to travel through Sydney or Melbourne.
- Connections: BNE is the best connected domestic network airport and the gateway to the rest of Australia, giving you the most travel options to discover Australia.
- New services announced regularly: there are plenty of new cities to discover now direct from Brisbane – including Shanghai, Uluru, Kuala Lumpur, Shenzhen, Vancouver, Samoa and Noumea.
- A focus on travel lifestyle: BNE offers the convenience of travelling through an airport with new retail precincts, restaurants and bars full of locally sourced produce and products, gift ideas and modern travel products.
- New runway, new opportunities: when Brisbane's new runway opens in 2020, BNE will have the most efficient runway system in Australia and will double the capacity for flights and airlines.