Airline ticket purchased? Check.
Bags packed? Check.
Ready to travel to the airport during the Easter school holidays? You will be after you read this guide!
For the upcoming Easter school holidays between Friday 1 April - Monday 18 April 2022, the Domestic Terminal is expected to reach ninety per cent of pre-COVID levels and with International routes lifting off at a rapid rate, it will be a very busy time at the airport. Whether you've still been a frequent flyer or this is your first flight in a long while, be prepared and allow for extra travel time this holiday season.
TIP 1: It. Will. Be. BUSY. Allow extra travel time
It will be busy inside the terminals as well as the pick-up areas and on the roads to and from the terminals. Keep your chill by allowing extra travel time to and from the airport and to get to your gate - we recommend arriving two hours before your scheduled Domestic flight. Be prepared, we are expecting the busiest travel days at Brisbane Airport to be:
- Passenger pick-up and drop-off, Domestic Terminal:
- Friday 8 April
- Monday 18 April
- Thursday 21 April
- Friday 22 April
Particularly between 5 - 11pm, the pick up and drop off roads around the terminal will be busy.
TIP 2: Book your parking online in advance
If you are looking to book car parking at the airport for your trip or to pick someone up, book online as far in advance as possible is our biggest travel tip (you'l get the best savings too). Adding a car park to your travel plans is the most convenient way to arrive and depart during this busy holiday time.
TIP 3: Use the waiting areas
If you are on pick-up duty and not planning to park, use the waiting areas until your passengers are at the pick-up zone and ready to go. Using the waiting areas will help reduce the traffic on the surrounding roads and your frustration if you are asked to move on and loop around because your passengers are not quite ready to be picked up yet.
TIP 4: Track your flight status
Whether you're flying out or picking someone up, you can track flights using Facebook Messenger or Twitter by adding the flight information into the direct message and receive notifications. If you are using our flight schedule you can tap the Messenger or Twitter icons from the website to start following updates about the flight.
TIP 5: Pre-flight preparation
Once you’re in the terminal, through check-in and security this is your time to start your pre-flight preparations or kick-start your holiday cheer. A few ideas we prepared earlier:
At the Domestic Terminal:
- Spend and win! Spend $20 at a participating Domestic Terminal retailer and go into the draw to win a $500 Flight Centre voucher to fund your next trip.
- Missing a present? New Farm Confectionery have a range of perfectly packaged Easter gift boxes that are easy to travel with.
- Farewelling family or friends? Wave them off over a coffee and croissant at Trader & Co or a refreshing Boost Juice conveniently located before security near the Jetstar check-in.
- Get your complete fashion fix and browse Witchery, Country Road, MAC, Jo Malone London and a full line Seed Heritage stocking women’s and children apparel (and more).
- Fuel up before you fly and head to The Food Collective where you can find Ze Pickle, Mi Casa Burrito’s, Roll’d, YO! Sushi or Nippon Ramen. You’ll find something for everyone.
At the International Terminal:
- Head to the Village Green after security for inspiration on your next international destination and to scan the QR code for an exclusive offer to use before you board. Find out more details.
- Find out what is open at the International Terminal before you fly.
- Make sure you pop in to Australian Produce Store for all your inflight snacks and hacks. We’re talking everything from Tim Tams to lanolin oils and lip balms to ensure you’re prepped for the long haul. Find our snack guide here.
- If you’ve got your hands full with the kids but don’t want to miss out on duty free shopping, make sure you pre-order your Lotte Duty Free for collection to end your holiday on a high note
TIP 5: Lost and found
Remember to pack your valuables securely including your passports and ID, phones and favourite toys. If you do misplace something in the terminal, get in touch with our lost property team to try and find your items.
Lost passports must be handed in to the Australian Border Force.
If you think you lost your item near the boarding gate, on the place or if you are missing your luggage, you’ll need to contact your airline’s lost property team.
Plan ahead: Busy travel times at Brisbane Airport
School holidays are often the busiest travel times at Brisbane Airport, if you are planning future travel be aware of our typically busy times below.
- The start of school holidays and returning home just before the school holidays end.
- Easter holiday break.
- Leading up to Christmas - 22, 23 and 24 December.
Important travel planning dates: Queensland School Holidays
- June - July School Holidays: Saturday 25 June - Sunday 10 July 2022
- September - October School Holidays: Saturday 17 September - Monday 3 October 2022
- December - January School Holidays: Saturday 10 December 2022 - Sunday 22 January 2023
- Easter holiday break: Saturday 1 April - Sunday 16 April 2023
Find all important school holidays and term dates here.
And if all else fails, smile. Your holiday is about to begin after all!