Brisbane Airport is a diverse and complex operation and sometimes it is easier to let the numbers do the talking.
BNE Airport by the numbers
- Brisbane Airport operates 24/7.
- Our airport code is BNE.
- 23.2 million passengers transited through Brisbane Airport in 2017.
- We are the largest airport by land size in Australia and have our own suburb - 4008.
- On airport land there are 425 businesses that employ more than 24,000 people. In 2034, this number is expected to exceed 50,000.
- By 2034, $8.2 billion is expected to be contributed to the Queensland economy each year from airport operations and projects.
- Voted by passengers as the Best Airport in Australia / Pacific 2016, 2017 and 2019 at the Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Aviation Fast Facts
- The Domestic Terminal has the most connected network in Australia with routes to 51 destinations with 17.5 million passengers a year.
- The International Terminal has connections to 32 global destinations including New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America, Fiji and Indonesia and is used by 5.9 million passengers a year.