The Airport Ambassador program is the premier way to volunteer at Brisbane Airport. Our passionate Airport Ambassadors are members of the community who love travel and to volunteer their time assisting passengers through our airport.
There are currently more than 135 ambassadors who speak 12 different languages and vary in age from 20 to 90. Our Ambassadors have diverse backgrounds in airline operations, managing convention centres, hospitality and tourism outlets to nursing and the public sectors. All of them enjoy travel!
Our volunteers can take on a number of roles:
- Roving ambassadors who make themselves available across the International and Domestic Terminals assisting passengers in key areas of the Terminals.
- Providing advice at the Visitor Information Desk at the Domestic Terminal.
- Participating in the OzHarvest and DNATA Food ResQ program that helps to re-distribute untouched aircraft food back into the community.
The Ambassadors are required to work at least one four-hour shift per week and commit to 12 months with the program. Rostered hours are as follows:
- International Terminal: 7am – 11am and 4pm – 8pm daily
- Domestic Terminal: 7am – 11am, 11am – 3pm – 7pm daily
Qualities of our Airport Ambassadors
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Display empathy to passengers from a variety of cultures and countries, the young, elderly and non-English speakers.
- Have an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Possess amazing communication skills.
- Being reliable and dedicated to the program.
- Able to perform the physical aspects of the role.
- Must be an Australian resident.
- Has a good knowledge of Brisbane City, South East Queensland and Australian Geography.
Benefits of the program
- Free Airtrain transfers to the airport.
- Uniform shirt, jacket and name badge.
- On-going training, famils and functions.
- Free airport parking whilst on duty (after probation period only).
- This program is an initiative of Southern Queensland Tourism Pty Ltd and Brisbane Airport Corporation and holds Visitor Information Centre accreditation with Tourism and Events Queensland.
How to apply
The Brisbane Airport Ambassador program is currently looking for more volunteers, register your interest by email.