Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Brisbane Airport (BNE) has two major terminals accommodating 23 airlines flying to 74 domestic and international destinations. It is a suburb in its own right and the third-largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers.
Brisbane Airport is a diverse and complex operation. Sometimes it is easier to let the numbers do the talking.
BNE by the numbers
- Brisbane Airport operates 24/7.
- Our airport code is BNE.
- 7.8 million passengers transited through Brisbane Airport in FY21 (during COVID). Pre-COVID, 23.8 million passengers transited through Brisbane Airport in FY19.
- On airport land there are 400+ businesses that employ more than 24,000 people. In 2050, this number is expected to exceed 60,000.
- By 2040/41, $5.3 billion is expected to be contributed to the Queensland economy each year from airport operations and projects.
- Voted by passengers as the Best Airport in Australia / Pacific 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2022 at the Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Aviation Fast Facts
2022 Domestic Terminal stats:
- 14.6 million domestic passengers in 2022
- Top five domestic destinations included Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville and Perth
- 2,591 average weekly domestic aircraft movements
2022 International Terminal stats:
- 2.57 million passengers in 2022
- Top five international markets included New Zealand, United Kingdom, Indonesia, United States of America and India
- 398 average weekly international aircraft movements