Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Brisbane Airport (BNE) has two major terminals accommodating 34 airlines flying to 85 domestic and international destinations. It is a suburb in its own right and the third-largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers.
Brisbane Airport is a diverse and complex operation. Sometimes it is easier to let the numbers do the talking.
BNE by the numbers
- Brisbane Airport operates 24/7.
- Our airport code is BNE.
- 23.8 million passengers transited through Brisbane Airport in FY19.
- On airport land there are 425 businesses that employ more than 24,000 people. In 2034, this number is expected to exceed 50,000.
- By 2040/41, $5.3 billion is expected to be contributed to the Queensland economy each year from airport operations and projects.
- Voted by passengers as the Best Airport in Australia / Pacific 2016, 2017 and 2019 at the Skytrax World Airport Awards.
Aviation Fast Facts
- The Domestic Terminal has the most connected network in Australia with routes to 51 destinations with 17.6 million passengers a year.
- The International Terminal has connections to 34 global destinations including New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of America, Fiji and Indonesia and is used by 6.2 million passengers a year.