The charity collection globes located around the International Terminal collect passenger’s foreign currency and with the wonderful help of our partner, Travelex, these funds are converted and invested back into our community.
This year, passenger donations through the collection globes will help Youngcare to continue building platinum standard, age appropriate housing for young people with high care needs, who have nowhere else to go.
Over the years, donations from passengers have helped our community in many ways.
- In 2018-2019, Brisbane Airport passengers raised $40,000 for Rural Aid's Buy a Bale, helping Australia's rural communities and Aussie farmers in need.
- In 2017-2018, $40,000 was raised for Burnie Brae’s Project Pantry. This amazing program provides monthly market days for pensioners and emergency food relief for those in need.
If you would know a great not-for-profit organisation that could be the next recipient of the collection globes simply email.
Where you can donate currency at Brisbane Airport:
Our Charity Giving Globes are located across the International Terminal:
- Level 2 in the arrivals hall near Travelex
- Level 2, arrivals concourse before going through duty free and passport control
- Level 3, deparures near the BNE Village Green, after security and passport control
- Level 4, near Travelex