Timing: Completed February 2018
Investment: $25 million
Construction jobs: 40+
The Hotel Taxiway is used by aircraft accessing Aerotech Park, a maintenance, manufacturing and aviation services precinct, north east of Brisbane Airport’s main 01/19 runway.
While the old taxiway was capable of accommodating up to Code C aircraft (Boeing 737, Airbus 320), the expansion will now allow larger aircraft up to the size of Code E (Boeing 777, 787 Dreamliner and Airbus 330) to access this important aerotech facility.
The work delivered the following benefits:
- Construction of new high strength shoulder and blast protection taxiway pavements
- Installation of new aeronautical ground lighting (AGL) and movement area guidance signs (MAGS)
- Construction of new stormwater drainage structures
- Construction of lateral restraint kerbs
- Line marking
- Demolition of existing pavement and removal of existing services and AGL (as required).