Timing: Completed late 2017
Investment: $12 million
Construction jobs: 50+
The upgrade and expansion of the Virgin Australia (VA) baggage handling system at the Domestic Terminal is great for our passengers, our airlines and for Brisbane Airport (BNE).
The opening of this new multi-million dollar facility means BNE now has a larger, faster and more efficient airport baggage handling system.
The first in a series of upgrades for both the Domestic and International Terminals, the work is part of BNE's Baggage Development Strategy, and helps to bring the airport one step closer to our goal of being the major gateway in Australia.
The project delivered:
- Three new baggage carousels
- Upgrade of existing baggage conveyer belt
- Improved bag sortation software
- Extended canopy from Terminal to cover new belts
- New extended mezzanine and gantry for increased bag sortation and new x-ray machines.