Timing: Completed February 2018
Investment: $7 million
Construction jobs: 50
With more global travellers choosing Brisbane Airport as a gateway, the new Inter-terminal Transfer facility recently completed at Brisbane International has made transferring between the terminals incredibly efficient with increased processing capabilities, regular door to door bus transfers and helpful signage throughout the journey.
The project is aimed at reducing minimum connection times between terminals, providing a positive experience for all transfer passengers and improving airline ability to manage the passenger journey.
The project provides the following benefits at the International Terminal (ITB):
- Redevelopment and upgrade of existing baggage handling systems at the ITB
- Increased processing capability at ITB Level 2 bag drop area
- New Transfer Check-in area on ITB Level 2 Arrivals
- Relocation of bus stops at ITB Level 2 to the north, avoiding cross paths of travel with other passengers
- More bus services during peak periods
- New passenger transfer way-finding signage across the end to end journey